CFWriterz is happy to announce the shortlist for the June 2020 Collins Elesiro Literary Prize for Fiction, Non-fiction & Poetry.
Although, our past prizes had themes for the competition, this year we decided to go themeless, welcoming variety and spontaneity. We received a total of 153 entries and are happy to announce the shortlist.
Judges for the June 2020 CFW Freedom Magazine:
• Jide Badmus (Poetry).
• Gloria Mwaniga (Prose).
• Micheal Tolulope Emmanuel (Prose).
• Bamidele Aiyejina (Editorial team).
• Jeff Ugochukwu (Editorial team).
The best three entries receive a split N100,000 cash prize, e-book publishing deal worth N60,000 and a chance to appear in our digital and print magazine. The winners will be announced on the 15th of July, 2020.
We have skipped the usual long-list this time and elected to publish only the best entries in our Issue 7: Passage (Freedom Magazine). Download it here.
• The Smell by Ifeanyi Igwe.
• All His Scents by Mazpa Ejikem.
•Crossing The Land by Desmond Efe-Khaese.
• Biafra, Land of The Sun by Chibueze Obunadike.
• Everyday I Carry My Mother’s Cross and My Father’s Worries by Samuel Junior Irusota.
• How We Spend Our Nights in COVID Times by Tolulope Ogedengbe.
• The Tale of The Broken Lad by Oluwadamilola Asenwa.
• My Reflection Comes With The Innocence of an April Rain by Chukwu Emmanuel.
Acknowledgements for our Partners
We could not have achieved this year’s shortlist and magazine publication without the support of our partners. We hope that our message and audience resonates with theirs. Thank you! Eleviv Publishing Group, Stranerd, Daily Chronicles, Upside Africa, Damilola Jonathan Oladeji Brand Consulting, Crystalinks Education – Int.l, and VN Sync.
Help us keep this literary blog free! Don’t miss our latest Magazine call for submission. We are dedicated to bringing you the best of new fiction, poetry and nonfiction. This literary magazine and our prizes are run solely by volunteers. In order to keep doing this, we rely on voluntary donations and sponsorships. Click here to donate.