Cfwiterz is pleased to announce a new special issue for June/December annually focusing on African experiences by African writers. We do not particularly restrict content or style, we only ask that you bring on the best of your craft. Our writing platform focuses on Africa and Nigerians, we welcome entries from all over Africa. We offer you a great opportunity to showcase your strength and voice as an African writer. Read more about us here.
Africa has gone through a lot and presently the discussions surrounding the continent constitute burning issues. We see and hear these stories but can you make it come alive in a unique way?
Entrants may submit up to 1 previously unpublished poems, and up to 3,000 words for fiction and non-fiction. Check specific instructions for each Magazine call for submission as they may differ.
Simultaneous submissions are accepted. However, if your work is accepted elsewhere, you need to notify us. Work in translation is welcome.
Important Dates & Submission
The first entry period ends Starts April 1 and ends April 30. Anticipated publication is ending of June. The second Magazine entry submission opens October 1 and ends October 31 every year. Anticipated publication is ending of December. (Changes to these milestone dates, will be announced if needed).
Submit your entry below, remember to add to the title of your entry “#June2018.” or “#Dec2018.”
- Cash remuneration, the value will be announced.
- Widespread readership of minimum target 5,000 readers worldwide. Kindly recommend your friends to join our Elite readers here.
- Publishing in this edition of the “Freedom” Magazine run by cfwriterz community.
- Register on the site using your email or social account to ensure your profile is updated before you submit your entry. Entries without an updated profile will be ignored. Visit the registration page if unregistered. Login before submitting or you’ll get an error message.
- Download previous editions of the Magazine from the cfwriterz store to ensure you are familiar with the kind of work we accept.